Flashing Lights for Schools
We offer grants for school zones flashing lights. We also provide mini grants for smaller school traffic safety projects.
- Washington state agencies
- Federally recognized tribal governments
- Washington cities, counties, and local agencies
- Schools and school districts
We fund projects up to $7,500 per school zone. A school can have more than one school zone.
Grants pay for school zone flashing beacons/lighting for legally-marked elementary and middle school zones. This includes lighting hardware, computer software, signage and markings approved in the federal Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- Thank you for your submissions for the Flashing Beacon Grant. Approval/Denial notification will be emailed to all applicants on June 17, 2013, followed up with a hard copy in the mail to the address provided on the application.
Download the current 2013 Request for Proposal (RFP) for School Zone Flashing Lights for more information and to complete the application.
Questions? Please Contact:
Kathy Droke, Grant Manager
Phone: 360.725.9883 – email@example.com